Everybody loves wedding detail shots! The flowers, rings, shoes, and so much more. We swoon over the rings perched perfectly among the perfect flower. Wedding invitations highlighted by a touch of greenery from the florists or some other special memento.
What everybody doesn’t realize is that those shots don’t just happen. They take time to set up and get just right. So what can you do to make sure you have the most beautiful detail shots from your wedding day?
- Make a list of everything you would like to have in your detail shots. Some typical items include rings, jewelry, shoes, invitation, save the date, garter, special memento, handkerchief, veil, tie or watch.
- Get it all together before your wedding day. Trust me, don’t wait until that morning. Gather anything that you would like to have photographed in your detail shots and put it all together. A hat box or other pretty container is perfect to keep everything together.
- Make sure you have all the rings! That includes your engagement ring and the bride and groom’s wedding rings. Of course the groom needs to have your ring for the ceremony, but your photographer needs it for the detail shots. Your photographer will make sure the groom has the ring for the ceremony.
- Make sure the box of details is available to your photographer as soon as she arrives. If you will be arriving after your photographer, send the box with a planner or family member who will be setting up before you arrive.
- If possible, plan for your flowers to be delivered before your photographer arrives. Flowers are a must-have for detail shots!
- Enjoy the beautiful photos of your wedding details for a lifetime!