Wedding days are so full of emotion. You have excitement, nerves, anticipation, stress, happiness, irritation, and so much more. Yes, the day is about the couple, but it is also a huge day for the families of the bride and groom. Depending on the wedding, the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom might have a very short or very long list of things that they are responsible for on wedding day. We have a list of 5 things that every mother of the groom should definitely take care of on the wedding day.
- Make sure all members of your family are available and ready for family photos on time. Prior to the wedding day, you should notify family members that will be in the Formal Family Photos of what time they should arrive for photos. If the photos are happening after the ceremony, ask the officiant to remind them to remain or move to another location for photos.
- Make sure you are dressed and photo ready before the groom is finished getting ready. Some of the best wedding day photos are special moments between mother and son prior to the ceremony. You want to be ceremony ready for these special photos.
- Help the groom put on his boutonniere. Again, this is a special moment for most mother of the grooms that you do not want to miss. This is also another great photo opportunity. Bonus points if you help the groomsmen with their boutonnieres as well, or recruit somebody else to help.
- Take a minute to stop by and have a minute with the bride. Depending on your relationship, you might be involved in more of the getting ready for the day with the bride. Even if you’re not, taking a few minutes to tell her she looks beautiful and you can’t wait to welcome her to the family will go a long way!
- Enjoy the day! Soak up every minute of the day. After all, your son only gets married once. You have undoubtedly been involved in some of the preparations, and possibly cost, of the day so live it up!