HOW TO CHOOSE THE PERFECT VENUE (FOR YOU)
Choosing a wedding venue can be a tough & strenuous task. To help guide you, we have some tips from Kelsey Hyche, Rental Manager at Riverside Event Venue in Huntsville, AL. After working with hundreds of couples on their wedding days, Kelsey has picked up a tip or two & is sharing some tidbits of her knowledge!
- The first step to take when choosing a wedding venue is to make a list of what is most important to you & your fiancé on your wedding day. Do you want a large dance floor? An outdoor ceremony? What style are you aiming for? What is your budget? Going in with an idea of what you want will help you weed out any venues that probably aren’t a good fit for you or your vision.
- Don’t tour just ONE venue! Just like when you’re buying a home or a car, you wouldn’t look at just one and be done. Sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised or surprisingly displeased when viewing a venue in person. Photos and websites can only show so much, so schedule a few tours with venues that spark your interest.
- Know your guest list. Every venue has a number that they can comfortably hold. Trust the professionals on this one and don’t try to push the limit. Sit down with your fiancé and respective families to create a rough draft of who all you would like to attend your big day. This doesn’t have to be an exact number, but there is a big difference between 75 & 300 guests, so don’t just pull a random number out of thin air. This will save you both headache and heartache in the end.
- Go to tours prepared with questions & don’t be afraid to ask them! It’s best to know all of the rules and regulations before you sign on the dotted line. You may feel like you’re being annoying by asking multiple questions, but I can just about guarantee that both you & the venue owner will be glad that you are both on the same page. This also keeps you from having to call or email a million times, although we never mind! Check out Riverside’s blog post of 10 Questions to Ask When Touring Wedding Venues for a head start on your list of questions.
- The last step after touring venues is to compare all of your top contenders. Lay it all out and make a chart with all of the information you’ve collected. For reference, here is Riverside’s Venue Comparison Chart that shows some categories you may want to include when making a final decision.
Well folks, that’s it, 5 easy ways to land you the venue of your dreams! Happy Wedding Planning!
Venue: Riverside Event Venue – https://www.riversideeventshsv.com
Photographer: Jeff White Photo – https://jeffplayfulwebsite.weebly.com
Coordinator: Cindy Allen – https://www.huntsvillesbestweddings.com
Florist: Janet’s Blooms – https://www.facebook.com/JanetsBlooms/
Catering: Creative Catering – https://www.creativecater.com
Cake: Batter Up Bakery – https://www.batterupcakeshsv.com
Music & Lighting: Metropolitan Disc Jockey – https://www.metropolitandiscjockey.com
Rentals: Mullins Special Occasions – https://www.mullinsrentals.com
Dress: The Something Blue Shoppe – https://www.thesomethingblueshoppe.com
Tuxedos: Men’s Warehouse – https://www.menswearhouse.com/store-locator/3406
Bridesmaid Dresses: Modern Bride – https://www.modernbridesinc.com